Cash Application Specialist
Location: Garner, North Carolina US
Job Number: 4465
Position Title: Billing
Pivot Physical Therapy is seeking a detail-oriented Cash Application Specialist to join our team in Garner, NC. If you are looking for a rewarding career with a growing company, APPLY NOW!
Cash Application Specialist Job Summary:
The Cash Application Specialist is responsible for posting payments and adjusting and denying claims from third party insurance payers. The core responsibility of a Payment Posting Specialist is to accurately and efficiently enter remittance information provided from insurance carriers. All job functions must be completed with a minimum number of errors and are subject to routine quality reviews. He/she must be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
Cash Application Specialist Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews and interprets explanation of benefits (EOB) from insurance carriers to post appropriate payment and denial codes
- Completes tasks accurately while maintaining quality and production standards
- Posts payments and adjustments from patient statements, remittance advices, insurance carriers, and electronic downloads while utilizing the appropriate fee schedule/policy
- Enters alphabetic, numeric, or symbolic data such as denial codes and rejections from all payers into practice management system
- Demonstrates knowledge of insurance payer guidelines and internal collection guidelines
- Identifies invoices with a secondary payer and takes the appropriate action to ensure they are sent to secondary carriers
- Inputs zero payment vouchers and insurance rejections from all payer sources in a timely manner
- Runs and analyzes balancing report to ensure accurate posting
- Reconciles cash batch while supporting department cash control policies and procedures
- Identifies incomplete information necessary to post remittance and contact the necessary supervisor to resolve questions, inconsistencies, or missing data
- Meets monthly close deadlines
- Assists staff with payment and adjustment questions and conducts research if necessary
- Assists staff with the insurance file updates and access to insurance websites
- Maintains and respects the confidentiality of patient information in accordance with posting guidelines, company policy & procedure, and HIPAA guidelines
- Demonstrates ability to learn computer applications as they relate to job duties and proficiency in the practice management system
- Demonstrates responsibility for personal and professional growth and effective communication
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Manager
Cash Application Specialist Required Education, Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years’ experience in healthcare insurance billing, knowledge of third party insurance in regards to plan types (HMO/PPO/POS and Indemnity)
- Strong data entry skills; ability to input a high volume of information
- Proficient 10 key skills, subject to testing
- Attention to detail – ability to maintain speed while upholding accuracy
- Knowledge of CPT, ICD-9, ICD-10 or medical terminology preferred
- Ability to perform simple analysis and discuss with Supervisor
- Skilled in Microsoft Office: Word and Excel
Address1: 350 New Fidelity Court
Company: Pivot Physical Therapy
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Cash Application Specialist
Pivot Health Solutions is a premier provider of health and wellness services dedicated to getting people back to health, preventing injury and staying fit where they live, work, or play. Our family of brands include: Pivot Physical Therapy—getting people back on the move with the highest quality care and superior functional outcomes through evidence-based practice; Pivot Occupational Health— providing employers an array of employee-focused health, safety and preventive care services; Pivot Onsite Innovations— providing employers tailored, on-site, workforce-focused health, safety and wellness solutions; Pivot Sports Medicine— partnering with high school, collegiate and other sports organizations to deliver premier, personalized athletic training services; and Pivot Performance— guiding athletes of all levels to reach peak performance with customized, instructor-led programs.
We wouldn't be Pivot without our passionate and dedicated team members. If you're looking for a rewarding career in a setting that promotes clinical excellence, professional advancement and teamwork, apply now!
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Pivot Health Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Pivot Health Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Pivot Health Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Pivot Health Solution's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Garner, North Carolina US