Medical Records Office Assistant
Location: Newport, Delaware US
Job Number: 4243
Position Title: Medical Assistant Admin
This office operates Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
Candidate will assist in the daily coordination of medical records request and drug screen resulting. Candidate must be able to professionally and accurately answer phone calls, fax and scan appropriate documentation. Candidate will primarily assist in the request of these records and resulting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answers phones for the medical billing office; handles any problems/complaints from patients in a courteous and customer service oriented manner
- Acts as a liaison, in a courteous manner, between the MRO, patients and their employers. Makes phone calls in reply
- Prepares medical records upon request
- Maintain confidentiality and follow all HIPAA and departmental guidelines
- Navigate online imaging EMR system to obtain patients records
- Registration/patient demographic inputting
- Responsible for contacting a patient’s pharmacy and obtaining pharmaceutical approval to provide appropriate drug resulting
- Sends reports and forms to clients/employers via fax or email and telephones verbal reports to clients as necessary
- Miscellaneous business/billing operation duties as assigned by a supervisor
Job Knowledge and Skills:
- Customer Service Oriented
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Able to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Proficiency with electronic medical records
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite products such as Work, Outlook and Excel.
- General knowledge and experience of word processing, electronic mail/calendar
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Detail-oriented and able to work independently or as a part of a team
- Check and respond promptly to emails and phone voice messages
- Medical Office setting is a plus
- High school or GED preferred
Address1: 200 Biddle Avenue
Company: Pivot Occupational Health
Community / Marketing Title: Medical Records Office Assistant
Pivot Health Solutions is a premier provider of health and wellness services that focus on getting people back to health, preventing injury and staying fit where they work, live and play. Our core offerings include: Pivot Physical Therapy— helping people get back on the move by delivering the highest quality care and superior functional outcomes through evidence-based practice; Pivot Occupational Health— helping businesses keep workers healthy and safe, while controlling employee health care costs; Pivot Sports Medicine— helping athletes of all ages meet their performance needs with personalized services to safely prevent or recover from sports-related injuries; and Pivot Performance— helping athletes at all levels reach peak performance with customized, instructor-led programs for individuals, semi-private groups and athletic teams. No matter where a person is on the spectrum of health, we have a personalized solution delivered by the best professionals in their chosen fields.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Pivot Health Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Pivot Health Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Pivot Health Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Pivot Health Solution's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Newport, Delaware US