Revenue Cycle Manager
Location: Westminster, Maryland US
Job Number: 4603
Position Title: Revenue Cycle Manager
Pivot Physical Therapy has an immediate need for an experienced and proven Revenue Cycle Manager. Successful candidates will have a minimum of 5 years experience in both a management and revenue cycle role for a multi-site, multi-market practice. This position is based out of our Westminster billing office in Carroll County, Maryland, less than an hour drive from Baltimore.
The Revenue Cycle Manager is responsible for directing, supervising, managing, and evaluating work activities of the billing department staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct, supervise, manage, and evaluate work activities of billing department which includes a team of approximately 40 FTEs and two hubs.
- Maintain communication between billing department and patient administrators.
- Communicate with front desk, clinic directors and senior management team.
- Review and analyze billing activities and billing data.
- Assist and/or direct the recruitment, hiring and training of billing department personnel.
- Establish work schedules and ongoing optimization of billing department full time equivalent staffing requirements.
- Establish work assignments and collections goals for staff.
- Identify training needs for clinical professional staff and patient administrators relative to billing practices, benefit verifications, authorizations, and data input.
- Minimize claim denials, procedure denials, and claims rejection rates through training, communication, and implementation of best practices.
- Minimize the average collection time (days sales outstanding) for accounts receivable.
- Increase reimbursement per visit by appropriately managing accounts receivable, and guiding follow-up efforts of billing department, capturing lost revenue.
- Develop and maintain computerized record management systems to store and process data such as personnel activities and information, and to produce reports.
- Additional duties as requested.
- Preferred Education and Experience:
- Minimum High School Degree and some college courses. Associates degree or higher preferred
- 10 years' experience required in a medically related field involving patient accounts receivable management and/or insurance accounts receivable management.
Required Education, Skills and Abilities:
- Administration and Management -Minimum 5 years experience in a management and revenue cycle role; skilled in business and management principles involving strategic planning, human resource allocation and staffing, leadership techniques, and coordination of people and resources.
- Customer/Patient Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer/patient services. This includes customer/patient needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer/patient satisfaction.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Personnel and Human Resources - Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, employee motivation, and personnel information systems.
- General Accounting - General knowledge of cash and accrual revenue reporting, accounting principles, reading and understanding bank statements, reconciliation of bank statements, and the ability to perform analysis and reporting of financial billing data.
- Medical Coding - Knowledge of the information and techniques needed to code diagnoses for injuries, diseases, and medical conditions under the ICD-10 coding convention, and knowledge of current procedural terminology for applying the appropriate codes to treatments performed by the medical professionals employment by the Company.
- Insurance Benefits - Knowledge of health savings accounts, coordination of benefits, subrogation, primary, secondary and tertiary payors, deductibles, co-insurances, copayments, and the rules and regulations inherent to participation with government payors such as Medicare and Medicaid.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Management of Personnel Resources - Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Written Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Speech Clarity - The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards - Using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
- Developing and Building Teams - Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Relationship Building - Establishing strong relationships with insurance provider relations representatives, contracting personnel, and staff members of insurance carrier, as well as with other parties having a relationship to the Company.
- Monitoring and Controlling Resources - Monitoring and controlling resources and overseeing the spending of money.
- Analyzing Data or Information - Identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
- Guiding, Directing, and Motivating Subordinates - Providing guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Negotiating with Insurance Carriers, Attorneys and Patients - Obtaining the optimal outcome when resolving claims and balances owed.
- Coordinating the Work and Activities of Others - Getting members of a group to work together to accomplish tasks.
- Telephone & Email - This position requires significant telephone use and authorship of emails.
- Contact With Others - This position requires significant contact with other persons, internal and external to the Company.
- Spend Time Sitting - This position requires significant time at a workstation either sitting or standing, and the employee's option.
- Deal With Unpleasant or Angry People - This position may involve dealing with persons (staff members or patients) who may be unpleasant, angry, or discourteous individuals.
- Importance of Being Exact or Accurate - This position requires the employee to be extremely accurate in the representations made pertaining to senior management, insurance carriers, patients and/or their attorneys regarding unpaid balances.
- Integrity - Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Leadership - Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- Initiative - Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Dependability - Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Stress Tolerance - Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Adaptability/Flexibility - Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Cooperation - Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Achievement/Effort - Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
- Analytical Thinking - Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
Address1: 511 Jermor Lane
Company: Pivot Physical Therapy
Community / Marketing Title: Revenue Cycle Manager
Pivot Health Solutions is a premier provider of health and wellness services that focus on getting people back to health, preventing injury and staying fit where they work, live and play. Our core offerings include: Pivot Physical Therapy— helping people get back on the move by delivering the highest quality care and superior functional outcomes through evidence-based practice; Pivot Occupational Health— helping businesses keep workers healthy and safe, while controlling employee health care costs; Pivot Sports Medicine— helping athletes of all ages meet their performance needs with personalized services to safely prevent or recover from sports-related injuries; and Pivot Performance— helping athletes at all levels reach peak performance with customized, instructor-led programs for individuals, semi-private groups and athletic teams. No matter where a person is on the spectrum of health, we have a personalized solution delivered by the best professionals in their chosen fields.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Pivot Health Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Pivot Health Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Pivot Health Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Pivot Health Solution's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Westminster, Maryland US