Speech Language Pathologist (Temporary Assignment, Tunkhannock - Montrose region)
Location: Tunkhannock, Pennsylvania US
Job Number: 4608
Position Title: Speech Language Pathologist
Pivot Physical Therapy has an immediate need for a Speech Therapist in the Montrose-Tunkhannock region of Wyoming County, Pennsylvania. This is a temporary assignment to cover maternity leave. Position will care for a varied case load that includes pediatrics as well as adult populations. If you are a dedicated and passionate Speech Therapist looking to a join a team that values team work, clinical excellence, and superior patient care, apply now!
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, and administers treatment of patients requiring Speech Therapy.
- Evaluates and assesses patients referred for speech therapy determining appropriate goals in plans of care.
- Exercises professional judgment, knowledge, and skills in managing treatment plans for the purpose of restoring speech, language, cognitive, and/or swallowing functions.
- Plans, manages, implements, and coordinates patient evaluations and speech therapy treatments.
- A staff speech therapist will need to be able to carry a full case load and assure completion of all required documentation of patient care activities in a timely manner, including but not limited to Evaluations, Initial Plans of Care, Daily Treatment Notes, Progress Notes (updates to the original Plan of Care), Physician Communications, and Discharge Summaries.
- Adhere to the established policies and procedures of the clinic.
- A staff ST will be required to participate in educational activities, as well as meet and fulfill requirements for maintaining state licensure.
- Participates in the planning and development of new services and staff development programs.
- A staff PT may be asked to assist in maintaining the facility including physical plant, equipment maintenance, and inventory supplies.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- Education: Baccalaureate (4-year) degree, Masters Degree from a school or college from a CAPTE (Commission on Accreditation of Speech Therapy Education) accredited program.
- Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations: Holds current or pending PA license as Speech Therapist; Current CPR certification.
- Equipment/Tools/Work Aids: Understands and has experience with the basic equipment used in exercise, modalities used in outpatient and/or inpatient speech therapy.
- Specialized Skills: Ability to read and communicate effectively in English; additional languages preferred; Strong written and verbal skills; Basic computer knowledge; Knowledge of a variety of disorders including but not limited to articulation/phonological disorders, receptive/expressive language disorders, voice disorders, cognitive-linguistic disorders, and swallowing disorders
- Physical Requirements: Visual and hearing acuity. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and when writing; Ability to assist in lifting, pushing, pulling patients or equipment involving a minimum of 50 pounds; Frequent bending stooping, squatting and overhead use of arms; Manual dexterity necessary to perform routine tasks; Ability to meet attendance requirements of job
Address1: 25 West Street
Company: Pivot Physical Therapy
Community / Marketing Title: Speech Language Pathologist (Temporary Assignment, Tunkhannock - Montrose region)
Pivot Health Solutions is a premier provider of health and wellness services that focus on getting people back to health, preventing injury and staying fit where they work, live and play. Our core offerings include: Pivot Physical Therapy— helping people get back on the move by delivering the highest quality care and superior functional outcomes through evidence-based practice; Pivot Occupational Health— helping businesses keep workers healthy and safe, while controlling employee health care costs; Pivot Sports Medicine— helping athletes of all ages meet their performance needs with personalized services to safely prevent or recover from sports-related injuries; and Pivot Performance— helping athletes at all levels reach peak performance with customized, instructor-led programs for individuals, semi-private groups and athletic teams. No matter where a person is on the spectrum of health, we have a personalized solution delivered by the best professionals in their chosen fields.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Pivot Health Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Pivot Health Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Pivot Health Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Pivot Health Solution's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tunkhannock, Pennsylvania US