Pivot Onsite Innovations - Athletic Trainer - Part Time
Location: Ridgewood, New York US
Job Number: 3322
Position Title: Athletic Trainer
The ATC will plan, coordinate, and supervise all components of a work-site injury management and health improvement program for employees on a full-time basis. They will work under the direction of the Onsite Innovations Medical Director to carry out activities in the following areas: injury prevention and evaluation, OSHA emergency/first aid treatment, physical conditioning and rehabilitation assistance, health education and coaching, and work-site health promotion and marketing activities.
• Perform wellness screening and coaching.
• Perform data analysis to measure direct and indirect costs of musculoskeletal disorders.
• Provide monthly and annual reports for rehab utilization, cost-savings, and cost-avoidance.
• Provide first-aid treatment and case management for musculoskeletal complaints which will include the use of ice, heat and wellness stretches, massage, tape techniques, knowledge of non-rigid bracing.
• Provide orthopedic injury assessments, covering such areas as (but not limited to) history, observation, palpation, range of motion, manual muscle strength, reflex testing, myotomes, dermatomes, and special tests.
• Implement treatment plans that incorporate therapeutic exercise, modalities and work conditioning as necessary.
• Develop written rehabilitation policies and procedures to be reviewed by company medical director.
• Develop written wellness policies and procedures to be reviewed by company medical director.
• Perform comprehensive ergonomic job analyses, including task analysis, risk factor identification and quantification, posture analysis, and body mechanics analysis.
• Use innovation, creative solutions and employee empowerment to design and/or implement ergonomics interventions.
• Perform administrative requirements such as completing necessary forms, reports, etc. in a timely manner. Documentation may include patient files, invoices, monthly reports, budgets, expense reports, and outcomes tools.
• Create an environment of trust and caring, which allows workers to take responsibility to reduce or eliminate actions or behaviors under their control that contribute to injury and illness.
• Communicate regularly with safety personnel regarding rehab and injury prevention activities.
• Attend meetings and serve on committees as requested.
• Author articles for various newsletters and the company Intranet site as requested.
• The onsite Athletic Trainer does not provide rehabilitation services but will participate in education and injury prevention.
• Perform as patient advocate for non-occupational injuries.
• Minimum of 2 years of athletic training experience
• Occupational health experience is a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in related field
• Board Certified Athletic training certification
• State licensure certification
• Current First Aid/CPR/AED certification
• OSHA10 certification is a plus
• Willing to travel to various client locations
• Knowledge of OSHA Recordability and worker’s compensation a plus
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with client and employees
• Proficient with MS Office
Address1: 1867 Flushing Ave,
Company: Pivot Onsite Innovations
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Pivot Onsite Innovations - Athletic Trainer - Part Time
Pivot Health Solutions is a premier provider of health and wellness services that focus on getting people back to health, preventing injury and staying fit where they work, live and play. Our core offerings include: Pivot Physical Therapy— helping people get back on the move by delivering the highest quality care and superior functional outcomes through evidence-based practice; Pivot Occupational Health— helping businesses keep workers healthy and safe, while controlling employee health care costs; Pivot Sports Medicine— helping athletes of all ages meet their performance needs with personalized services to safely prevent or recover from sports-related injuries; and Pivot Performance— helping athletes at all levels reach peak performance with customized, instructor-led programs for individuals, semi-private groups and athletic teams. No matter where a person is on the spectrum of health, we have a personalized solution delivered by the best professionals in their chosen fields.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Pivot Health Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Pivot Health Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Pivot Health Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Pivot Health Solution's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Ridgewood, New York US