Pivot Onsite Innovations - OHT/EMT Position
Location: New York, New York US
Job Number: 3340
Position Title: Occupational Health Technician
Calling all Emergency Medical Technicians: If you enjoy working in a rewarding work environment, establishing close relationships with the people you treat, having a great work/life balance, and have a current EMT certification, this position is for you!
Pivot Onsite Innovations is a leading occupational healthcare company, striving to increase worker productivity by reducing the number of visits employees make to more costly facilities. Onsite medical care results in quicker resolution of an injury and a significant reduction in cost.
The Occupational Health Technician will plan, coordinate, and supervise all components of a work-site injury management and health improvement program for employees on a full-time basis. They will work under the direction of the Onsite Innovations Medical Director to carry out activities in the following areas: injury prevention and evaluation, OSHA emergency/first aid treatment, health education and work-site health promotion and marketing activities.
• Responding to emergencies efficiently and promptly.
• Administering basic first aid and medical support and assessing the nature and extent of injuries/illnesses.
• Perform drug tests, hearing tests, pulmonary function and fit tests as necessary
• Effectively communicating with medical professionals and treatment facilities to obtain instructions regarding further action and following up accordingly.
• Effectively communicating, receiving and carrying out patient care plans given by the Overseeing Physician, Medical Director, or third-party providers as necessary
• Effectively communicating with client and site personnel regarding any work-site incidents, hazards, etc.
• Demonstrating a strong orientation towards team work and the ability to understand the importance of team coordinated efforts.
• Create an environment of trust and caring, which allows workers to take responsibility to reduce or eliminate actions or behaviors under their control that contribute to injury and illness.
• Communicate regularly with key client site personnel regarding injury prevention activities.
• Attend meetings and serve on committees as requested.
• Current Certification State and/or National (Proof of reciprocity required)
• 2+ years minimum experience
• Current First Aid/CPR/AED certification
• Knowledge of Occupational Health, OSHA Recordability and worker’s compensation a plus
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with client and employees
• Proficient with MS Office
Address1: 66 Hudson St
Company: Pivot Onsite Innovations
City: New York
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Pivot Onsite Innovations - OHT/EMT Position
Pivot Health Solutions is a premier provider of health and wellness services that focus on getting people back to health, preventing injury and staying fit where they work, live and play. Our core offerings include: Pivot Physical Therapy— helping people get back on the move by delivering the highest quality care and superior functional outcomes through evidence-based practice; Pivot Occupational Health— helping businesses keep workers healthy and safe, while controlling employee health care costs; Pivot Sports Medicine— helping athletes of all ages meet their performance needs with personalized services to safely prevent or recover from sports-related injuries; and Pivot Performance— helping athletes at all levels reach peak performance with customized, instructor-led programs for individuals, semi-private groups and athletic teams. No matter where a person is on the spectrum of health, we have a personalized solution delivered by the best professionals in their chosen fields.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Pivot Health Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Pivot Health Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Pivot Health Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Pivot Health Solution's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Location_formattedLocationLong: New York, New York US