Location: Towson, Maryland US
Job Number: 3855
Position Title: Staff Accountant
The Staff Accountant is responsible for assisting the Controller and Senior Accountant in the daily operations of the Finance department, including but not limited to, monthly financial reports and analysis. This includes preparing general ledger journal entries, reviewing vendor invoices and expense reports, reconciling bank accounts, tracking fixed assets and capital lease obligations, and assisting the Controller with the year-end audit by providing schedules as needed.
Reports To: Controller
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains all accounts payable new vendor files including ensuring W-9 is received and vendor is flagged for 1099 reporting as necessary
- Records and tracks all fixed assets and capital leases
- Reconciles all bank accounts
- Reconciles all balance sheet and income statement accounts under direction of Controller and Senior Accountant
- Prepares journal entries under direction of Controller
- Assists Controller and Chief Financial Officer with research relating to prepared financial statements
- Prepare Sales and Use tax filing for multiple jurisdictions
- Assist with preparation and filing of personal property taxes
- Prepare monthly reports for internal distribution
- Provide support to field managers in researching variances on financial reports
- Maintain budget in the General Ledger system
Required Education, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Experience in a professional work setting required; 1-3 years of progressive accounting experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – including Microsoft Word & Excel
- Knowledge of accounting software programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be flexible and able to handle multiple priorities
- High level of organization and attention to details
Address1: 501 Fairmount Avenue
Company: Pivot Physical Therapy
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Accountant
Pivot Health Solutions is a premier provider of health and wellness services that focus on getting people back to health, preventing injury and staying fit where they work, live and play. Our core offerings include: Pivot Physical Therapy— helping people get back on the move by delivering the highest quality care and superior functional outcomes through evidence-based practice; Pivot Occupational Health— helping businesses keep workers healthy and safe, while controlling employee health care costs; Pivot Sports Medicine— helping athletes of all ages meet their performance needs with personalized services to safely prevent or recover from sports-related injuries; and Pivot Performance— helping athletes at all levels reach peak performance with customized, instructor-led programs for individuals, semi-private groups and athletic teams. No matter where a person is on the spectrum of health, we have a personalized solution delivered by the best professionals in their chosen fields.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Pivot Health Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Pivot Health Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Pivot Health Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Pivot Health Solution's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Towson, Maryland US