Industrial Athletic Trainer
Location: Newport News, Virginia US
Job Number: 3983
Position Title: Athletic Trainer
The Industrial Athletic Trainer provides oversight of employees assigned to the Industrial Athlete Program (IAP). Handles the scheduling, logistics, program management and data management for the IAP program. Leads small group training sessions and sees employees in the Preventative Care Program (PCP) as necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide effective supervision and leadership of staff.
- Hire new staff with input and assistance from HR.
- Provide the on-site orientation and training for new staff.
- Schedule staff to meet the needs of the IAP contract.
- Conduct the performance evaluations staff.
- Provide regular reports to Program Director.
- Effectively communicate program performance to Program Director.
- Recognize and identify issues within the staff that need to be addressed/corrected.
- Approve and submit time cards for staff.
Employee Education under Industrial Athlete Program:
- Coordinate meetings with program management (foremen, trade Managers, ) to implement Industrial Athlete program.
- Be aware of the various worker types scheduled to be seen and plan
- Schedule training sessions for
- Assist athletic trainers and performance coaches with small group training sessions and metrics when warranted.
- Demonstrate exercises, as determined by the Program Director, to workers in a proficient and educational manner.
Employee Care under Preventative Care Program:
- Provide the foreman and management team with direction and status of workers on non-OSHA recordable discomfort, progress, and status for continued operations.
- Provide training to working personnel in the prevention and care of discomforts, conditioning programs and the selection, care and fitting of protective equipment.
- Conduct ergonomic analysis in order to provide recommendations on worksite modifications.
- Assist medical personnel as needed in dealing with immediate care and rehabilitation activities.
- Provide the recommendations for all minor musculoskeletal discomfort.
- Identify and intervene on workers aches/ pains and triage complaints.
- Recommend referral of appropriate worker injuries to physicians for diagnosis and treatment.
- Develop and supervise appropriate programs for workers under the direction of physician.
- Never compromise the treating: therapist or referring physician's relationship with the patient
- Maintain accurate and current records on all workers seen in the program.
- Responsible for organization, inventory, and the requisition, to Program Director, of all supplies.
Compliance and Teamwork:
- Facilitate bi-weekly staff meetings
- Treat workers, co-workers, and supervisors in a professional and ethical manner.
- Follow safely procedures for all equipment and chemicals as instructed by your supervisor and OSHA guidelines.
- Attend all applicable company meetings and in-services as instructed.
- Any other duties which may be deemed necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability
- Knowledge of anatomy and exercise science required.
- Knowledge of physical therapy or related medical services preferred.
- Skill with effective time management and ability to maintain organization.
- Ability to provide effective supervision and leadership.
- Ability to effectively communicate instructions both verbally and written.
- Ability to keep worker's information confidential and communicate appropriately.
- Ability to follow directions/instructions.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to relate positively with workers, therapists, and co-workers.
- Demonstrate a fit image that represents a commitment to a physically active and healthy lifestyle.
Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Athletic Training, Exercise Science, Physical Education, or related field.
- NATABOC Certified, in good standing.
- Board of Medicine licensed Athletic Trainer, in good standing.
- Minimum I year in face-to-face customer service related field.
- Experience working with patients in occupational or industrial field preferred.
- Experience in supervision preferred.
Address1: 3301 Washington Ave
Company: Pivot Physical Therapy
City: Newport News
Community / Marketing Title: Industrial Athletic Trainer
Pivot Health Solutions is a premier provider of health and wellness services that focus on getting people back to health, preventing injury and staying fit where they work, live and play. Our core offerings include: Pivot Physical Therapy— helping people get back on the move by delivering the highest quality care and superior functional outcomes through evidence-based practice; Pivot Occupational Health— helping businesses keep workers healthy and safe, while controlling employee health care costs; Pivot Sports Medicine— helping athletes of all ages meet their performance needs with personalized services to safely prevent or recover from sports-related injuries; and Pivot Performance— helping athletes at all levels reach peak performance with customized, instructor-led programs for individuals, semi-private groups and athletic teams. No matter where a person is on the spectrum of health, we have a personalized solution delivered by the best professionals in their chosen fields.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Pivot Health Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Pivot Health Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Pivot Health Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Pivot Health Solution's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Newport News, Virginia US