Physical Therapy Aide
Location: Newport News, Virginia US
Job Number: 4042
Position Title: Tech
Pivot Physical Therapy has an immediate opening for a Physical Therapy Aide. This is a part-time position (under 30 hours per week). Schedule may include early mornings and evening hours.
Under the general and direct supervision of the Director, Physical Therapist, Physical Therapist Assistant, or Supervisor, the Physical Therapy Aide (Aide) prepares any equipment for treatment; performs the housekeeping duties of the department/facility; assists the Physical Therapist and Physical Therapist Assistant in selected procedures; as related by the law performs other diverse duties as requested or required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Aids in the treatment, care, and safety of patients consistent with the American Physical Therapy Association Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice policy in company manual
- Assist the primary therapist in the treatment of patients of all ages (e.g., infants, children, adolescents, adults, geriatrics, elderly, ages 0—120 years), race, creed, gender, and disability without bias or prejudice.
- Respects and understands the patient's right to treatment and.
- Practices ethical responsibility based on the cultural, ethnic and religious beliefs of the patients served and applicable law.
- Prepares equipment for the patient treatments as requested by the Physical Therapist/Physical Assistant; relieves the Therapist/Assistant to perform his or her professional duties
- Performs housekeeping duties of the department/facility by routine cleaning; maintains order and cleanliness throughout the department/facility
- Assists therapists/assistants in selected procedures, according to their directions, aids in patient care in the department/facility.
- Organizes the work area and disinfects/cleans the treatment area
- Performs clerical duties, such as taking inventory, ordering supplies, answering the telephone or taking messages. Assists patients with paperwork when necessary
Required Education, Skills & Abilities:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Superficial knowledge of the reasons for patient care
- Some knowledge of physiology, anatomy, and neurology is helpful, but not required
- Previous experience in a clinical setting (hospital or physical therapy clinic) handling patients and/or equipment, housekeeping m nursing home or rehabilitation agency a plus
- Skilled in the techniques of handling patients and efficiently assisting in the treatment of patients; competency in the operation of department/facility equipment
- Willing to work under direction and take instructions and corrections; ability to reason, to remember names; details of instructions; must be alert, adaptable, and flexible
- Professional manner; thoughtful of others, gentle and courteous
- Ability to organize his or her time in order to assist in the treatment of patients in the allotted working day
Address1: 612 Denbigh Blvd
Company: Pivot Physical Therapy
City: Newport News
Community / Marketing Title: Physical Therapy Aide
Pivot Health Solutions is a premier provider of health and wellness services that focus on getting people back to health, preventing injury and staying fit where they work, live and play. Our core offerings include: Pivot Physical Therapy— helping people get back on the move by delivering the highest quality care and superior functional outcomes through evidence-based practice; Pivot Occupational Health— helping businesses keep workers healthy and safe, while controlling employee health care costs; Pivot Sports Medicine— helping athletes of all ages meet their performance needs with personalized services to safely prevent or recover from sports-related injuries; and Pivot Performance— helping athletes at all levels reach peak performance with customized, instructor-led programs for individuals, semi-private groups and athletic teams. No matter where a person is on the spectrum of health, we have a personalized solution delivered by the best professionals in their chosen fields.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Pivot Health Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Pivot Health Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Pivot Health Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Pivot Health Solution's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Newport News, Virginia US