Speech Language Pathologist - Early Intervention (Greater Richmond, VA)
Location: Manakin Sabot, Virginia US
Job Number: 4149
Position Title: Speech Language Pathologist
Adhering to principles consistent with the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice, the Speech-Language Pathologist provides for the evaluation, rehabilitation, and treatment of developmental delays and conditions of children ages birth – 3 years.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Treats children, ages birth – 3 years, within their home or the child’s natural environment, who have been referred for speech therapy.
- Adheres to the services in accordance with the measurable result/outcome/goal, frequency, duration, beginning and end dates outlined on the Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP).
- Adheres to documentation standards established by Early Intervention and submits all session notes, outcome summaries and other reports as deemed necessary in a timely manner.
- Maintains a patient visit schedule consistent with the needs of the families, while eliminating unnecessary travel.
- Works with the child’s family/caregiver(s) to provide strategies they can work on to address the child’s developmental delay(s).
- Treats children of all race, creed, gender, and disability without bias or prejudice
- Respects and understands the child/family’s right to services and right to involvement in service decisions
- Practices ethical responsibility based on the cultural, ethnic and religious beliefs of the patients served and applicable law
- Prepares and submits reports, assuring confidentiality and following all HIPPA guidelines.
- Attends meetings as required
- Communicates effectively with other members of the Early Intervention team
- Keeps abreast of new techniques and trends in the field of Early Intervention.
- Attends conventions, meetings, or special courses whenever possible and to share with the clinic personnel information gained
- Completes annual training and all other mandatory trainings, within a minimum of 24 training hours per fiscal year relevant to Early Intervention.
- Prepares and give talks to community groups and participates in community outreach events in support of Pivot's mission, as requested
- Maintains good public relations with all community sources
- Plans for future improvement in procedures and organization of the program
- Keeps current and adheres to policies and procedures as required by the counties served.
- Actively participates and adheres to all policies and procedures as enumerated in the Corporate Compliance program
Required Education, Certifications and Licenses:
- Graduate of a ASHA accredited school of Speech-Language Pathology
- Experience: Previous experience in pediatric setting preferred
- State licensure or be eligible for state licensure
- Current (or ability to obtain) First Aide and CPR/BLS Card (infant/child); FBI/Fingerprint Clearance*; Child Abuse Clearance*; Pennsylvania Criminal Background Check*
*Clearance must have been obtain within the past 5 years
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills, interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Access to secure computer/internet access to:
- Review IFSPs
- Receive pertinent e-mails from Director of Early Intervention
- Prepare Progress Monitoring Summaries and other reports deemed necessary by EI
- Able to trouble shoot; strong sense of decision making and judgment; action oriented; approachable
- Team player and effective at building and fostering teamwork as well as maintain composure when dealing with conflict; thoughtful of others, courteous
- Active listening skills and able to adapt to change
- Effectively manages time and manages priorities
Address1: 44 Broad St
Company: Pivot Physical Therapy
City: Manakin Sabot
Community / Marketing Title: Speech Language Pathologist - Early Intervention (Greater Richmond, VA)
Pivot Health Solutions is a premier provider of health and wellness services that focus on getting people back to health, preventing injury and staying fit where they work, live and play. Our core offerings include: Pivot Physical Therapy— helping people get back on the move by delivering the highest quality care and superior functional outcomes through evidence-based practice; Pivot Occupational Health— helping businesses keep workers healthy and safe, while controlling employee health care costs; Pivot Sports Medicine— helping athletes of all ages meet their performance needs with personalized services to safely prevent or recover from sports-related injuries; and Pivot Performance— helping athletes at all levels reach peak performance with customized, instructor-led programs for individuals, semi-private groups and athletic teams. No matter where a person is on the spectrum of health, we have a personalized solution delivered by the best professionals in their chosen fields.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Pivot Health Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Pivot Health Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Pivot Health Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Pivot Health Solution's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Manakin Sabot, Virginia US