Injury prevention Specialist
Location: Newport News, Virginia US
Job Number: 4199
Position Title: Injury Prevention Specialist
The Injury Prevention Specialist will perform post-offer physical ability tests to include material handling and physical agility tests. This position will be responsible for collecting data, analyzing the data in comparison to required physical demands, determining whether an applicant can perform the physical demands of a position and completing reports for submission to a contracted corporation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet applicants and take them to a designated testing area.
- Conduct post-offer testing for industrial jobs.
- Assesses human motion to determine applicant’s physical abilities
- Perform grip and pinch strength measures.
- Perform girth measurements.
- Perform material handling tests.
- Perform NIOSH static lift tests.
- Perform functional screens and agility tests.
- Perform treadmill and stair climber protocols.
- Perform dexterity protocols.
- Perform walk tests.
- Perform lift technique training.
- Perform efficient quality human motion (EQHM) movement training.
- Perform behavioral based safety training.
- Teach preferred work postures and injury risk recognition counter-strain techniques.
- Take photographs of tests and accumulate for printing.
- Print documents as needed.
- Prepare, correct, and print spreadsheets.
- Prepare Physical Ability Test reports for distribution to contracted company representatives.
- Ensure reports are sent out 1 working day after test completion.
- Keep supervisor up to date on progress of reports.
- Conduct oneself in a professional and ethical manner, with integrity and honesty.
- Cooperate, work, and communicate with coworkers, and supervisors to ensure a pleasant and professional work environment.
Required Education, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge of human movement (Kinesiology), Physiology, and functional movement.
- Knowledge of basic math.
- Skill in customer service.
- Skill in computer software for word processing, spreadsheet creation and data entry.
- Ability to follow strict testing protocols.
- Ability to create positive relationships with clients, applicants, and company representatives.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and concerns easily.
- Ability to write concisely.
- Ability to speak clearly and understandably.
- Ability to organize workload effectively.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize and operate proactively.
- Bachelors Degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology, or related field.
- Minimum of 4 years work experience.
- Prior functional testing experience preferred.
- Ability to occasionally reach, bend, stoop, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to grasp and hold up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to sit for limited periods of time.
- Ability to climb stairs occasionally.
- Ability to repeatedly sit, stand, and walk short distances.
- Ability to see and understand data on a computer screen.
- Ability to enter data into a computer via a keyboard.
- Ability to hear normal voice level communications in person or through the telephone.
- Ability to speak understandably.
- Ability to drive car for company errands, meetings, and other company locations.
- Basic vision corrected.
Address1: 3301 Washington Ave
Company: Pivot Physical Therapy
City: Newport News
Community / Marketing Title: Injury prevention Specialist
Pivot Health Solutions is a premier provider of health and wellness services that focus on getting people back to health, preventing injury and staying fit where they work, live and play. Our core offerings include: Pivot Physical Therapy— helping people get back on the move by delivering the highest quality care and superior functional outcomes through evidence-based practice; Pivot Occupational Health— helping businesses keep workers healthy and safe, while controlling employee health care costs; Pivot Sports Medicine— helping athletes of all ages meet their performance needs with personalized services to safely prevent or recover from sports-related injuries; and Pivot Performance— helping athletes at all levels reach peak performance with customized, instructor-led programs for individuals, semi-private groups and athletic teams. No matter where a person is on the spectrum of health, we have a personalized solution delivered by the best professionals in their chosen fields.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Pivot Health Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Pivot Health Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Pivot Health Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Pivot Health Solution's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Newport News, Virginia US