Insurance Authorization Specialist
Location: Towanda, Pennsylvania US
Job Number: 3741
Position Title: Billing
We are seeking a warm and friendly Insurance Authorization Specialist to join our team in Towanda, PA.
Prior insurance authorization/verification experience preferred.
The Insurance Authorization Specialist is responsible for obtaining authorization of treatment from insurance carriers including; receipt of prescriptions, verify address, rectify rejected claims, conduct necessary third party authorization requests, and complete authorization appeals.
- Responsible for contacting insurance companies to verifies patient’s insurances.
- Adhere to the established policies and procedures of the company.
- Participate in educational activities, as well as meet and fulfill requirements necessary.
- Assist in maintaining facility including cleanliness, equipment maintenance, and inventory supplies.
- Assists in ordering supplies, and ensures that all supplies and equipment are readily available.
- Front Office Coordinator distance support as needed.
- Billing resolution as necessary.
- This position also includes answering phones, retrieving voicemails, and responding to email authorization requests.
- Maintain overall cleanliness and neatness of corporate location.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High School Degree or equivalent
- Proficiency in computer applications and other electronic technologies.
- Ability to read and interpret medical benefits for verification requests.
- Ability to organize workload and manage time effectively.
- Ability to understand and follow HIPPA regulations.
- Strong communication skills including proper phone etiquette.
- Friendly, Positive attitude and a Team player is required.
Supervisory Responsibility: This is a non-supervisory role.
Work Environment: office building
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: non-Exempt (full-time)
Work Authorization/Security Clearance: This role requires United States work authorization.
Address1: 24569 Route 6 Ste C
Company: Pivot Physical Therapy
Community / Marketing Title: Insurance Authorization Specialist
Pivot Health Solutions is a premier provider of health and wellness services that focus on getting people back to health, preventing injury and staying fit where they work, live and play. Our core offerings include: Pivot Physical Therapy— helping people get back on the move by delivering the highest quality care and superior functional outcomes through evidence-based practice; Pivot Occupational Health— helping businesses keep workers healthy and safe, while controlling employee health care costs; Pivot Sports Medicine— helping athletes of all ages meet their performance needs with personalized services to safely prevent or recover from sports-related injuries; and Pivot Performance— helping athletes at all levels reach peak performance with customized, instructor-led programs for individuals, semi-private groups and athletic teams. No matter where a person is on the spectrum of health, we have a personalized solution delivered by the best professionals in their chosen fields.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Pivot Health Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Pivot Health Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Pivot Health Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Pivot Health Solution's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Towanda, Pennsylvania US