Performance Coach, Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist
Location: Athens, Pennsylvania US
Job Number: 3743
Position Title: Performance Manager
We are seeking a motivated Performance Coach, Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist to join our team in Athens, PA. If you are looking for growth opportunity and want to make in impact on your community, APPLY NOW!
Job Summary: The Performance Coach promotes all performance brand features through training, communication, and customer service including safety; intensity; variation; individualized, sport and team specific programming; and assessment-based training programs. Assess clients’ health needs, as well as, develop and counsel clients on healthy eating habits.
- Provides strength, speed, agility and conditioning programs to athletes and fitness enthusiasts of all ages and levels. Programs include sports performance, team training; personal, semi-private, and small group functional training.
- Implement new training methods, programs and protocols.
- Develop and execute camps, clinics and off site training.
- Execute Performance assessments and evaluations.
- Assist in the development and presentation of adult fitness and boot camp programs.
- Assist in development of sport and individual specific performance programs.
- Track workouts and client interactions in Mind Body Online program.
- Participate in community events that promote the field of performance training as well as goodwill toward the community.
- Establish working relationship with administration, marketing, physical therapy, and other coaches
- Communicate effectively with clients (to include athletes, coaches, parents, and team officials), ensure timely follow up.
- Inform directors of scheduling needs and commit to professional reliability.
- Create a professional, safe and fun environment.
- Promote nutrition through public speaking and community outreach programs.
- Conduct follow up calls to prospects.
- Assess patients’ and clients’ health needs and diet.
- Counsel patients on nutrition issues and healthy eating habits.
- Develop meal plans and evaluate the effects of meal plans and change the plans as needed.
- Chart documentation for patients and clients.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest nutritional science research.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of sports performance training, speed development, movement mechanics, assessment, evaluation and injury prevention
- Commitment to continued education and to further experiences and abilities in the sports performance field
- Training philosophy that emphasizes functional, scientific, movement-based training
- Ability to integrate Sports medicine, clinical knowledge, assessment and or clinical recommendations into performance training
- Must be a self motivator with a high sense of integrity, have good business acumen, and ability to interact with coworkers, clients and professionals
- Must be inspiring, creative and a team player
- Ability to integrate and maintain an athletic mentality and environment
- Ability to relate positively with customers and employees to develop positive relationships
- Ability to effectively and concisely communicate thoughts and information verbally and in writing.
- Ability to complete goals and activities with established or tight time frames.
- Demonstrate a fit image that represents a commitment to a physically active and healthy lifestyle.
Education, licenses and certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition
- Current licensure as a RD (Registered Dietitian)
- Current licensure in the Commonwealth of PA as LDN (Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist)
- NSCA- CSCS *strongly preferred
- ACSM - CPT or HFS
- NASM - CPT
- ACE - CPT
- Possess background in fitness, strength and conditioning training and/or coaching
- Experience working with athletes and /or fitness clients
- High level of competitive athletic experience strongly preferred
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop and lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to grasp and hold up to 50lbs
Supervisory Responsibility: This is a supervisory role.
Work Environment: office/gym building
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: non-Exempt (full-time)
Work Authorization/Security Clearance: (Statement)
This role requires United States work authorization.
Address1: 116 Walnut St
Company: Pivot Physical Therapy
Community / Marketing Title: Performance Coach, Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist
Pivot Health Solutions is a premier provider of health and wellness services that focus on getting people back to health, preventing injury and staying fit where they work, live and play. Our core offerings include: Pivot Physical Therapy— helping people get back on the move by delivering the highest quality care and superior functional outcomes through evidence-based practice; Pivot Occupational Health— helping businesses keep workers healthy and safe, while controlling employee health care costs; Pivot Sports Medicine— helping athletes of all ages meet their performance needs with personalized services to safely prevent or recover from sports-related injuries; and Pivot Performance— helping athletes at all levels reach peak performance with customized, instructor-led programs for individuals, semi-private groups and athletic teams. No matter where a person is on the spectrum of health, we have a personalized solution delivered by the best professionals in their chosen fields.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Pivot Health Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Pivot Health Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Pivot Health Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Pivot Health Solution's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Athens, Pennsylvania US