Account Receivable Specialist
Location: Garner, North Carolina US
Job Number: 4387
Position Title: Billing
Pivot Physical Therapy is seeking a detail-oriented Accounts Receivable Specialist to join our growing team in Garner, NC. If you have excellent customer service skills, apply now!
Account Receivable Specialist Job Summary:
The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for posting payments and submitting claims to individual insurance carriers. This position will follow up on unpaid or rejected claims, resolve claim issues and re-submit claims as well as perform all duties necessary to facilitate the collection of patient account balances from account guarantors. All job functions must be completed with a minimum number of errors and are subject to routine quality reviews. He/she must be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
Account Receivable Specialist Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews and interprets explanation of benefits (EOB) from insurance carriers to post appropriate payment and denial codes
- Completes tasks accurately while maintaining quality and production standards
- Posts payments and adjustments from patient statements, remittance advices, insurance carriers, and electronic downloads while utilizing the appropriate fee schedule/policy
- Demonstrates knowledge of insurance payer guidelines and internal collection guidelines
- Create insurance and client aging reports to identify unpaid insurance claims and client accounts
- Runs credit card payment and deposit check payments electronically
- Correspond with worker comp carriers for appeals on past-due, open balances
- Reconciles cash batch while supporting department cash control policies and procedures
- Identifies incomplete information necessary to post remittance and contact the necessary supervisor to resolve questions, inconsistencies, or missing data.
- Run mid-month and month end bills as well as month end reports
- Meets monthly close deadlines
- Maintains and respects the confidentiality of patient information in accordance with posting guidelines, company policy & procedure, and HIPAA guidelines
- Demonstrates ability to learn computer applications as they relate to job duties and proficiency
- Demonstrates responsibility for personal and professional growth and effective communication
- Various administrative tasks not limited to assisting at front desk, answering a 10-line phone system and scheduling a wide variety of appointments for over 600+ active clients
Account Receivable Specialist Required Education, Skills & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong data entry skills; ability to input a high volume of information
- Excellent phone skills
- Attention to detail – ability to maintain speed while upholding accuracy
- Knowledge of CPT, ICD-9, ICD-10 and medical terminology required
- Ability to perform simple analysis and discuss with Supervisor
- Skilled in Microsoft Office: Word and Excel
Address1: 350 New Fidelity Court
Company: Pivot Physical Therapy
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Account Receivable Specialist
Pivot Health Solutions is a premier provider of health and wellness services that focus on getting people back to health, preventing injury and staying fit where they work, live and play. Our core offerings include: Pivot Physical Therapy— helping people get back on the move by delivering the highest quality care and superior functional outcomes through evidence-based practice; Pivot Occupational Health— helping businesses keep workers healthy and safe, while controlling employee health care costs; Pivot Sports Medicine— helping athletes of all ages meet their performance needs with personalized services to safely prevent or recover from sports-related injuries; and Pivot Performance— helping athletes at all levels reach peak performance with customized, instructor-led programs for individuals, semi-private groups and athletic teams. No matter where a person is on the spectrum of health, we have a personalized solution delivered by the best professionals in their chosen fields.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Pivot Health Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Pivot Health Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Pivot Health Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Pivot Health Solution's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Garner, North Carolina US