Pivot Occupational Health - Clinic Administrative Support Staff - Multiple Positions Open!
Location: Newark, Delaware US
Job Number: 4531
Position Title: Medical Assistant
Pivot Occupational Health is looking for a Full-Time Experienced Medical Assistant for our Newark, DE location.
This position requires phlebotomy and other specimen collection experience, as well as hands on patient care general knowledge.
To assist in the daily front desk operations, insuring efficient service and patient/client satisfaction. To assist the physician(s) and physician extenders in the evaluation and treatment of the patient. Reports to clinical manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Functions as a receptionist and answers phones for the medical office; handles inquiries and problems/complaints from patients in a courteous and customer service oriented manner.
- Schedules daily patient appointments within when appropriate. Arranges services with consultants, lab, radiology, etc. Checks out patients in computer system.
- Acts as a liaison, in a courteous manner, between medical office, other physicians, clients, and facilities. Makes phone calls as needed.
- Prepares visit forms and patient charts on a daily basis for office visits.
- Commutes between sites as needed.
- Registers patients efficiently and promptly in computer and gathers pertinent information for treatment and accurate billing.
- Performs DOT and Non DOT Physicals and Drug Screen collections
- Leads patients to exam rooms. Assists physician and physician extenders with examination when necessary.
- Performs PFT, EKG and Breath Alcohol, and audiograms when, and if necessary.
- Draws blood specimens and collects urine for testing at the clinic and client job site.
- Takes vital signs, records on medical chart; discusses abnormal findings with physician or physician extenders.
- Responsible for obtaining lab results. Reports abnormal test results to physician and physician extenders; reports negative results of drug tests to clients.
- Sends reports and forms to clients and telephones verbal reports to clients, etc., as necessary.
- Assists with filling of medications. Calls pharmacy as needed.
- Gives injections at the clinic and client job site.
- Assists management with maintaining supplies and pharmaceutical inventories.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Address1: 15 Omega Drive
Company: Pivot Occupational Health
Community / Marketing Title: Pivot Occupational Health - Clinic Administrative Support Staff - Multiple Positions Open!
Pivot Health Solutions is a premier provider of health and wellness services dedicated to getting people back to health, preventing injury and staying fit where they live, work, or play. Our family of brands include: Pivot Physical Therapy—getting people back on the move with the highest quality care and superior functional outcomes through evidence-based practice; Pivot Occupational Health— providing employers an array of employee-focused health, safety and preventive care services; Pivot Onsite Innovations— providing employers tailored, on-site, workforce-focused health, safety and wellness solutions; Pivot Sports Medicine— partnering with high school, collegiate and other sports organizations to deliver premier, personalized athletic training services; and Pivot Performance— guiding athletes of all levels to reach peak performance with customized, instructor-led programs.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Pivot Health Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Pivot Health Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Pivot Health Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Pivot Health Solution's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Newark, Delaware US