Assistant Athletic Trainer - 12 month
Location: Dover, Delaware US
Job Number: 4682
Position Title: Athletic Trainer
Pivot Sports Medicine has an immediate opening for 2 Assistant Athletic Trainers at Delaware State University. This 12-month salaried position will offer As a medical, financial and continuing education benefits. Benefits include medical, dental and vision, paid time off, 401K and a comprehensive continuing education package.
The Assistant Athletic Trainers at DSU will report to the Head Athletic Trainer and will provide services to 18 NCAA Division I teams as assigned. The athletic trainers will assist the Head AT in prevention, evaluation, management and rehabilitation of injuries within the University as well as coordination of care with an extensive network of outside medical providers.
Other Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Works collaboratively to provide services to all athletes, particularly within the assigned teams
- Evaluates and provides preventive solutions for injuries and illnesses
- Provides education and outreach to student-athletes, university staff, and community on various health related topics
- Provides counseling, education and appropriate resources to student-athletes for sports related injuries, mental health, and nutrition
- Performs administrative duties such as but not limited to inventory, documentation, record keeping, and budget
- Assists with coordination of medical services for both home and away competitions
- Supervises, educates, mentors, and recruits university students interested in the profession of athletic training or physical therapy
- Works within the sports medicine team both internally and externally to provide a continuum of care for student-athletes
- Provides services to and travels with teams as assigned
- Upholds all policies and procedures to ensure that Delaware State University is in compliance with all MEAC, NCAA, State and National laws regulating student-athletes and athletic trainers in regards to sports medicine services.
- Works collaboratively with all on campus medical professionals to provide appropriate oversight to student athletes
- Works in conjunction with Pivot Sports Medicine to provide additional resources and support to university athletic trainers and student-athletes
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree in Athletic Training or similar preferred
- Division I experience preferred
- DE license or eligible
- NATABOC Certified
- Familiarity with Sportsware Online
- Understanding of NCAA rules and regulations
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate within the entire sports medicine team
- Professional demeanor and communication with collegiate athletes
Pivot fosters clinical and professional excellence through continuing education and mentorship. At Pivot, you become an integral part of a reputable Athletic Training team that provides sports medicine services to professional, collegiate, and scholastic athletes throughout the Mid-Atlantic. Other benefits include:
- $1,000 in continuing education reimbursement
- Career growth opportunities
- Networking opportunities with a variety of area physicians
- One-of-a-kind Athletic Trainer New Grad Mentorship program
- Opportunities for PRN work at camps and tournaments and with professional and collegiate sports teams
- Participation in Pivot’s Annual Sports Medicine Staff Development Conference
- Professional, supportive and fun work environment
- Unlimited online CEUs through our partnership with MedBridge
Address1: 1015 S. Governors Av
Company: Pivot Physical Therapy
Community / Marketing Title: Assistant Athletic Trainer - 12 month
Pivot Health Solutions is a premier provider of health and wellness services dedicated to getting people back to health, preventing injury and staying fit where they live, work, or play. Our family of brands include: Pivot Physical Therapy—getting people back on the move with the highest quality care and superior functional outcomes through evidence-based practice; Pivot Occupational Health— providing employers an array of employee-focused health, safety and preventive care services; Pivot Onsite Innovations— providing employers tailored, on-site, workforce-focused health, safety and wellness solutions; Pivot Sports Medicine— partnering with high school, collegiate and other sports organizations to deliver premier, personalized athletic training services; and Pivot Performance— guiding athletes of all levels to reach peak performance with customized, instructor-led programs.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Pivot Health Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Pivot Health Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Pivot Health Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Pivot Health Solution's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dover, Delaware US