Location: Newport News, Virginia US
Job Number: 3925
Position Title: IT Specialist
We are seeking a detail-oriented and flexible IT Specialist to join our team in Newport News, VA. If you are looking for a rewarding career with a growing company, APPLY NOW!
Travel to multiple locations required. Evening and weekends may be needed for project work.
Reporting to the Manager of IT, the Regional IT Specialist uses analytical skills to evaluate and resolve technical issues to a primarily remote user base. The role supports Pivot client systems and performs patching, upgrades, image development, hardware testing and client system administrative functions. The scope of support includes the review and completion of assigned tickets and tasks within established SLA's and functions as a project team member for various initiatives within the IT department. The position is required to uphold excellent customer support practices in every customer contact and communication.
- Primary IT support for assigned region
- Provide technical support of desktop systems, hardware and software, local telephony, multi-function printers, mobile devices, and applications and other technologies as required
- Configure client hardware for deployment to clinics
- Participation in various IT project initiatives and strategic planning for IT growth
- Assist in site deployments and moves, some after-hours possible
- Assists in equipment and solution testing
- Hardware staging and deployment, both remote and hands-on
- Work with tech support vendors to ensure issues are addressed and resolved in a timely manner
- Maintain the confidentiality of customer and business data
- Ability to solve practical problems, sometimes in environments with limited standardization
- Maintain inventory documentation and vendor/order records
- Effectively communicate information to managers, colleagues and customers
Required Education, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree plus 3 years IT experience, or 6 years of experience in a technical support role
- Experience troubleshooting hardware (COMP TIA A+ certification preferred)
- Strong troubleshooting skills with multiple technologies
- Knowledge of Networkconnectivity and Telecommunications principles
- Strong documentation skills and the ability to transfer knowledge to peers
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- A demonstrated ability to take ownership of IT-related initiatives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Some Exchange and general AD account configuration and/or RDC experience preferred
- Ability to analyze IT problems and determine a course of action for remediation
- Familiarity with EMR systems or prior healthcare experience a plus
- Occasional company reimbursed travel required; Must have reliable vehicle
Address1: 771 Pilot House Dr
Company: Pivot Physical Therapy
City: Newport News
Community / Marketing Title: IT Specialist
Pivot Health Solutions is a premier provider of health and wellness services dedicated to getting people back to health, preventing injury and staying fit where they live, work, or play. Our family of brands include: Pivot Physical Therapy—getting people back on the move with the highest quality care and superior functional outcomes through evidence-based practice; Pivot Occupational Health— providing employers an array of employee-focused health, safety and preventive care services; Pivot Onsite Innovations— providing employers tailored, on-site, workforce-focused health, safety and wellness solutions; Pivot Sports Medicine— partnering with high school, collegiate and other sports organizations to deliver premier, personalized athletic training services; and Pivot Performance— guiding athletes of all levels to reach peak performance with customized, instructor-led programs.
We wouldn't be Pivot without our passionate and dedicated team members. If you're looking for a rewarding career in a setting that promotes clinical excellence, professional advancement and teamwork, apply now!
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Pivot Health Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Pivot Health Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Pivot Health Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Pivot Health Solution's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Newport News, Virginia US