Nurse Practitioner - Occupational Setting
Location: Sparks, Nevada US
Job Number: 5274
Position Title: Nurse Practitioner
Pivot Onsite Innovations has an immediate need for a Nurse Practitioner on a full-time basis in Sparks, NV. This is a unique opportunity for an experienced and passionate advanced practitioner to manage a worksite clinic in a manufacturing setting.
Pivot Onsite Innovations is a Nationwide Occupational Healthcare Company, focused on employee health. Our highly trained staff work on-site at companies, making a difference in the lives of workers throughout the country. We provide services such as wellness care, injury care, injury prevention, pre-employment screenings, and relationships.
Nurse Practitioner Job Description
The Nurse Practitioner manages the day to day operations of the on-site health care with collaboration of the Medical Director and Overseeing Physician. As a member of the Pivot Onsite Innovations team you will have access to continual learning, career advancement, Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, 401k with company match, generous time off packages, paid holidays, and a network of subject matter experts focused on support.
Nurse Practitioner Responsibilities
- Perform post-offer physicals, non-work-related return to work medical clearance examinations.
- Provide urgent and episodic care to employees.
- Respond to in plant medical emergencies and evaluate employees with acute episodic illness and refer when appropriate.
- Assess, diagnose, treat, and provide ongoing medical management of workplace injuries and non-occupational conditions (episodic and urgent), including writing prescriptions and facilitating referrals in collaboration with the physician.
- Drive chronic disease management process, including education and wellness physicals.
- Maintenance of charts and employee incident records.
- Perform minor procedures including but not limited to suturing, splinting, joint injection, trigger finger injection, arthrocentesis, x-ray interpretation.
- Case management of workman’s compensation claims in conjunction with the employer representative and insurance carrier.
- Facilitate return to work and light duty assignments for employees with work related injuries.
- Maintain current case log for workplace injuries outlining treatment plan for weekly case review.
- Assure compliance with OSHA and DOT programs such as hearing conservation, blood borne pathogen training, random drug screening and follow up programs.
- Maintain health care unit inventory of medications and supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Nurse Practitioner Requirements
- 3+ years’ experience as a Nurse Practitioner
- Experience in an occupational health setting a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Current valid state licensure required
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED certification
- Proficient with MS Office
- Knowledge of OSHA Record ability and worker’s compensation principles a plus
- Ability to communicate with all levels across the organization effectively
- Strong administrative and management skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain high level of professionalism, ethics, and confidentiality
- Familiarity with manufacturing and production facility practices.
Company: Pivot Onsite Innovations
Community / Marketing Title: Nurse Practitioner - Occupational Setting
Pivot Health Solutions is a premier provider of health and wellness services dedicated to getting people back to health, preventing injury and staying fit where they live, work, or play. Our family of brands include: Pivot Physical Therapy—getting people back on the move with the highest quality care and superior functional outcomes through evidence-based practice; Pivot Occupational Health— providing employers an array of employee-focused health, safety and preventive care services; Pivot Onsite Innovations— providing employers tailored, on-site, workforce-focused health, safety and wellness solutions; Pivot Sports Medicine— partnering with high school, collegiate and other sports organizations to deliver premier, personalized athletic training services; and Pivot Performance— guiding athletes of all levels to reach peak performance with customized, instructor-led programs.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Pivot Health Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Pivot Health Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Pivot Health Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Pivot Health Solution's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sparks, Nevada US