Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant - Hand Therapy
Location: Lewes, Delaware US
Job Number: 5283
Position Title: Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant
Pivot Physical Therapy is looking to hire an experienced COTA, with hand experience, in our Southern, DE clinics !
Responsible for assisting in the development of treatment sessions per the established plan of care, re-evaluation, discharge and appropriate communications to the patients and customers. Supervise aides and students in accordance to regulations, contribute to case management and provide quality patient care. Maintain positive level of interaction with facilities and clients. Enhance and expand client relations with facilities and their staff.
- Under the direction of an Occupational Therapist, optimize skills of patients in facilities by: assisting in screening and initial evaluations; implementing and executing treatment plans to achieve identified objectives and goals; appropriate documentation of progress; communication of patient status and needs to the patient, the patient’s family, the staff and other professionals.
- Perform all treatment and re-evaluations in accordance to the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) standards of care.
- Keep the occupational therapist informed directly and in a timely manner with any concern, change or need for update to the patient’s status or plan of care.
- Expand and enhance clinical techniques through interaction with coordinators and continuing education functions as approved.
- Demonstrate completion of patient care responsibilities and documentation requirements in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Participate in aspects of education, including but not limited to patients home programs, community talks and site in-services.
- Participate in student clinical clerkships and affiliation programs in agreement with the AOTA’s clinical education agreements from schools.
- Participate in the design and implementation of new programs and procedures with the approval of manager.
- Comply with Carroll Hospital Center’s policies and procedures, safety precautions and professional code of ethics in all daily treatment procedures and interactions with patient’s, employees, physicians and all other pertinent contacts.
- Assist in quality assurance monitoring.
- Assist in maintenance of the department and equipment.
- Fabricate / assist with fabrication of custom splints/casts.
- May incur some travel time.
Required Educational Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Strong organizational, time management and planning skills.
- Effective clinical problem solving skills (e.g. identify and prioritize issues in responsive manner, develop and execute sound, innovative action plans, ensure appropriate results etc)
- Strong communication skills for accurate, concise and organized oral and written presentations of information to patients and staff.
- High personal, professional and work ethic with ability to function in high stress situations.
- Effective leadership and teaching skills.
- Computer skills for effective reporting.
- Must be a graduate of a school for Occupational Therapy Assistants.
- National and state licensure or registration where applicable.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in adult rehabilitation, hand/splinting and post-op orthopedic experience preferred.
- Cardio-pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Valid driver’s license
Address1: 701 Savannah Road
Company: Pivot Physical Therapy
Community / Marketing Title: Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant - Hand Therapy
Pivot Health Solutions is a premier provider of health and wellness services that focus on getting people back to health, preventing injury and staying fit where they work, live and play. Our core offerings include: Pivot Physical Therapy— helping people get back on the move by delivering the highest quality care and superior functional outcomes through evidence-based practice; Pivot Occupational Health— helping businesses keep workers healthy and safe, while controlling employee health care costs; Pivot Sports Medicine— helping athletes of all ages meet their performance needs with personalized services to safely prevent or recover from sports-related injuries; and Pivot Performance— helping athletes at all levels reach peak performance with customized, instructor-led programs for individuals, semi-private groups and athletic teams. No matter where a person is on the spectrum of health, we have a personalized solution delivered by the best professionals in their chosen fields.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Pivot Health Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Pivot Health Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Pivot Health Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Pivot Health Solution's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lewes, Delaware US