Speech Language Pathologist
Location: Dickson City, Pennsylvania US
Job Number: 5397
Position Title: Speech Language Pathologist
Pivot Physical Therapy is looking for a Speech Language Pathologist to join their clinic in Dickson City, PA!
Adhering to principles consistent with the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice, the Speech-Language Pathologist provides for the evaluation, rehabilitation, and treatment for pediatric, adult and geriatric populations in regards to communication, voice, swallowing and cognition.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Treats pediatrics, adults and geriatrics within the out-patient facility.
- Adheres to the services in accordance with the measurable result/outcome/goal, frequency, duration, beginning and end dates outlined in patient’s Plan of Care.
- Adheres to documentation standards established by Pivot and submits all session notes, outcome summaries and other reports as deemed necessary in a timely manner.
- Maintains a patient visit schedule consistent with the needs of the families in accordance to the facility’s procedures.
- Works with the patient’s family/caregiver(s) to provide strategies they can work on to address the patients’ targeted goals.
- Treats patients of all race, creed, gender, and disability without bias or prejudice
- Respects and understands the patient’s/family’s right to services and right to involvement in service decisions
- Practices ethical responsibility based on the cultural, ethnic and religious beliefs of the patients served and applicable law
- Prepares and submits reports, assuring confidentiality and following all HIPPA guidelines.
- Attends meetings as required
- Communicates effectively with other members of the therapy team
- Keeps abreast of new techniques and trends in the field of Speech Language Pathology.
- Attends conventions, meetings, or special courses whenever possible and to share with the clinic personnel information gained.
- Prepares and give talks to community groups and participates in community outreach events in support of Pivot's mission, as requested
- Maintains good public relations with all community sources
- Plans for future improvement in procedures and organization of the program
- Keeps current and adheres to policies and procedures as required by the facility.
- Actively participates and adheres to all policies and procedures as enumerated in the Corporate Compliance program
- Adheres to professional dress code.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
Required Education, Certifications and Licenses:
- Graduate of an ASHA accredited school of Speech-Language Pathology
- Experience: Previous experience in the speech and language field preferred however accepting of CFY applicants.
- State licensure or be eligible for state licensure
- Current (or ability to obtain) First Aide and CPR/BLS Card (infant/child); FBI/Fingerprint Clearance*; Child Abuse Clearance*; Pennsylvania Criminal Background Check*
*Clearance must have been obtain within the past 5 years
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills, interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent documentation in a timely manner.
- Able to trouble shoot; strong sense of decision making and judgment; action oriented; approachable
- Team player and effective at building and fostering teamwork as well as maintain composure when dealing with conflict; thoughtful of others, courteous
- Active listening skills and able to adapt to change
- Effectively manages time and manages priorities
Address1: 542 Boulevard Ave
Company: Pivot Physical Therapy
City: Dickson City
Community / Marketing Title: Speech Language Pathologist
Pivot Health Solutions is a premier provider of health and wellness services that focus on getting people back to health, preventing injury and staying fit where they work, live and play. Our core offerings include: Pivot Physical Therapy— helping people get back on the move by delivering the highest quality care and superior functional outcomes through evidence-based practice; Pivot Occupational Health— helping businesses keep workers healthy and safe, while controlling employee health care costs; Pivot Sports Medicine— helping athletes of all ages meet their performance needs with personalized services to safely prevent or recover from sports-related injuries; and Pivot Performance— helping athletes at all levels reach peak performance with customized, instructor-led programs for individuals, semi-private groups and athletic teams. No matter where a person is on the spectrum of health, we have a personalized solution delivered by the best professionals in their chosen fields.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Pivot Health Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Pivot Health Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Pivot Health Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Pivot Health Solution's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dickson City, Pennsylvania US