Location: Bronx, New York US
Job Number: 5467
Position Title: Nurse Practitioner
Pivot Onsite Innovations has an immediate need for an experienced, bilingual Nurse Practitioner to manage our on-site healthcare clinic located at New York’s premier beverage distribution center in the Bronx. This is a unique opportunity for a highly personable and passionate Nurse Practitioner to utilize both clinical and managerial skills in a high-touch and team-oriented, occupational health setting.
If you are a Nurse Practitioner looking for rewarding career in a setting that supports clinical excellence and teamwork, apply now!
The Nurse Practitioner manages the day to day operations of the on-site health care until collaboration with the Medical Director and Overseeing Physician.
- Perform post-offer physicals, non-work-related return to work medical clearance examinations.
- Provide urgent and episodic care to employees.
- Respond to in plant medical emergencies and evaluate employees with acute episodic illness and refer when appropriate.
- Assess, diagnose, treat, and provide ongoing medical management of workplace injuries and non-occupational conditions (episodic and urgent), including writing prescriptions and facilitating referrals in collaboration with the physician.
- Drive chronic disease management process, including education and wellness physicals.
- Maintenance of charts and employee incident records.
- Perform minor procedures including but not limited to suturing, splinting, joint injection, trigger finger injection, arthrocentesis, x-ray interpretation.
- Case management of workman’s compensation claims in conjunction with the employer representative and insurance carrier.
- Facilitate return to work and light duty assignments for employees with work related injuries.
- Maintain current case log for workplace injuries outlining treatment plan for weekly case review.
- Assure compliance with OSHA and DOT programs such as hearing conservation, blood borne pathogen training, random drug screening and follow up programs.
- Maintain health care unit inventory of medications and supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Skills and Abilities
- 3+ years’ experience as a Nurse Practitioner
- Spanish/English Bilingual - Required
- Experience in an occupational health setting a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Current valid state licensure required
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED certification
- Proficient with MS Office
- Knowledge of OSHA Record ability and worker’s compensation principles a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with client and employees
- Ability to communicate with all levels across the organization effectively
- Strong administrative and management skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain high level of professionalism, ethics and confidentiality
- Experienced in developing health and wellness programs and performing ergonomic assessment
- Working knowledge of HIPAA, ADA, FMLA and OSHA regulations
- Familiarity with manufacturing and production facility practices.
- Proficient computer skills with MS, Excel, PowerPoint and Word to generate reports, spreadsheets, presentations, and training courses.
Address1: 955 E 149th St
Company: Pivot Onsite Innovations
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Nurse Practitioner
Pivot Health Solutions is a premier provider of health and wellness services that focus on getting people back to health, preventing injury and staying fit where they work, live and play. Our core offerings include: Pivot Physical Therapy— helping people get back on the move by delivering the highest quality care and superior functional outcomes through evidence-based practice; Pivot Occupational Health— helping businesses keep workers healthy and safe, while controlling employee health care costs; Pivot Sports Medicine— helping athletes of all ages meet their performance needs with personalized services to safely prevent or recover from sports-related injuries; and Pivot Performance— helping athletes at all levels reach peak performance with customized, instructor-led programs for individuals, semi-private groups and athletic teams. No matter where a person is on the spectrum of health, we have a personalized solution delivered by the best professionals in their chosen fields.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Pivot Health Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Pivot Health Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Pivot Health Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Pivot Health Solution's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bronx, New York US