Location: Towson, Maryland US
Job Number: 5557
Position Title: Payroll Specialist
Pivot Health Solutions is seeking a highly motivated individual to fulfill our Payroll Specialist position. The individual we are seeking is experienced in multiple facets of payroll and thrives in a fast-paced, growing environment! The ideal candidate should have experience in general accounting, heavy data analysis experience and very strong Excel skills. This position is fast paced with tight deadlines.
Payroll Specialist Responsibilities:
- Process all aspects of payroll, including calculating earnings, deductions, and benefit adjustments for employees.
- Verify accuracy of employee hours and wages, as well as changes in exemptions, direct deposits, earnings and deductions.
- Maintain accurate files and other support for payroll transactions.
- Prepare comprehensive payroll related reports including summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Process garnishments, severance payments, as well as vacation and termination payouts. Ensures proper taxation and compliance with policies and procedures.
- Ensure payroll liabilities are met on time by verifying and reporting on employee federal and state income and social security taxes and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Ensure policies and procedures are in compliance with applicable regulations, including FLSA laws, State Labor Codes and tax regulations.
- Resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information and provide timely assistance to employees requesting payroll information.
- Calculate and processes manual checks, stop payments, voids, adjustments and direct deposit reversals.
- Assist with setting up new earnings and deduction codes, pay rules, holiday schedules, accrual profiles, etc.
- Generate all monthly and quarterly payroll related reporting.
- Continuously identify strategies to streamline and improve the payroll process.
Payroll Specialist Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field of study is desired. Experience may be substituted for education.
- Use of ADP Workforce Now is a MUST!
- Use of Paycom preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years Payroll experience.
- Strong sense of confidentiality and the ability to keep information confidential.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong sense of urgency.
- Well-developed team skills, unquestioned integrity, and the experience, confidence and presence to effectively handle interpersonal relationships and sensitive HR issues.
Address1: 501 Fairmount Avenue
Company: Pivot Physical Therapy
Community / Marketing Title: Payroll Specialist
Pivot Health Solutions is a premier provider of health and wellness services that focus on getting people back to health, preventing injury and staying fit where they work, live and play. Our core offerings include: Pivot Physical Therapy— helping people get back on the move by delivering the highest quality care and superior functional outcomes through evidence-based practice; Pivot Occupational Health— helping businesses keep workers healthy and safe, while controlling employee health care costs; Pivot Sports Medicine— helping athletes of all ages meet their performance needs with personalized services to safely prevent or recover from sports-related injuries; and Pivot Performance— helping athletes at all levels reach peak performance with customized, instructor-led programs for individuals, semi-private groups and athletic teams. No matter where a person is on the spectrum of health, we have a personalized solution delivered by the best professionals in their chosen fields.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Pivot Health Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Pivot Health Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Pivot Health Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Pivot Health Solution's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Towson, Maryland US