Location: Dover, Delaware US
Job Number: 5892
Position Title: Medical Assistant
Pivot Occupational Health is seeking an enthusiastic and passionate Medical Assistant for a full-time opportunity at our Dover, DE location.
The Medical Assistant will assist in the daily front desk operations, insuring efficient service and patient/client satisfaction. To assist the physician(s) and physician extenders in the evaluation and treatment of the patient. Reports to clinical manager.
- Handling incoming calls for medical office; handles inquiries and problems/complaints from patients in a courteous and customer service oriented manner
- Scheduling patient appointments as needed; arranges services with consultants, lab, radiology, etc
- Preparing visit forms and managing patient charts on a daily basis for office visits
- Registering patients efficiently and promptly in the computer and gathers pertinent information for treatment and accurate billing
- Acting as a liaison between medical office, physicians, clients, pharmacies, and facilities
- Performing DOT and non-DOT Physicals and Drug Screen collections
- Performing and following-up on PFT, EKG, Breath Alcohol, and Audiograms as needed
- Assisting the physician and physician extenders with examination of patients as needed
- Providing accurate documentation and communication regarding patient visits
- Drawing blood specimens and collecting urine for testing at the clinic and client job site
- Taking vital signs, recording on medical chart; discussing abnormal findings with physician or physician extenders
- Obtaining lab results. Reports abnormal test results to physician and physician extenders; reports negative results of drug tests to clients
- Sending reports and forms to clients and telephoning verbal reports to clients as needed
- Assisting with filling of medications. Calls pharmacy as needed
- Giving injections at the clinic and client job site
- Assisting management with maintaining supplies and pharmaceutical inventories
- Commuting between sites as needed
- On-call responsibilities as needed
- Additional duties as assigned by Supervisor
Required Education, Skills and Abilities:
- 2+ years Medical Assistant experience required
- 2+ years EMR systems experience required
- 1+ years Phlebotomy experience preferred
- Drug Screen Collection experience preferred
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Committed and passionate about providing high-quality patient care
Address1: 283 N. DuPont Hwy
Company: Pivot Occupational Health
Community / Marketing Title: Medical Assistant
Pivot Health Solutions is a premier provider of health and wellness services dedicated to getting people back to health, preventing injury and staying fit where they live, work, or play. Our family of brands include: Pivot Physical Therapy—getting people back on the move with the highest quality care and superior functional outcomes through evidence-based practice; Pivot Occupational Health— providing employers an array of employee-focused health, safety and preventive care services; Pivot Onsite Innovations— providing employers tailored, on-site, workforce-focused health, safety and wellness solutions; Pivot Sports Medicine— partnering with high school, collegiate and other sports organizations to deliver premier, personalized athletic training services; and Pivot Performance— guiding athletes of all levels to reach peak performance with customized, instructor-led programs.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Pivot Health Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Pivot Health Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Pivot Health Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Pivot Health Solution's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dover, Delaware US