Advanced Emergency Medical Technician - Per-Diem
Location: Sparks, Nevada US
Job Number: 6243
Position Title: 1099 Occupational Health Tech
Are you a licensed Advanced Emergency Medical Technician with a passion for patient care? Are you craving a rewarding work environment? Yearning to establish close relationships with your patients? Do you dream of an incredibly positive work/life balance? Are you looking to take the next step in your EMT career? If so, this opportunity is for you!
Pivot Onsite Innovations is seeking an Emergency Medical Technician to join our team in a PRN capacity at our Distribution Center work-site clinic as an Occupational Health Technician. This unique opportunity will encourage EMTs to pivot into the non-traditional setting, and flourish within the quickly growing occupational arena. EMTs will, operate under the title Occupational Health Technician, and be responsible for patient education, administering first-aid support, performing pre and post-employment screenings, and additional duties needed to improve the patient’s overall health and wellness. As a patient advocate, the EMT will verify distribution center work-site patients are receiving the best possible care; ensuring they are well enough to be at work, and well enough to enjoy their lives outside of work.
Serving as the Occupational Health Technician, the EMT plans, coordinates, and supervises all components of a worksite injury management and health improvement program for employees. Working under the direction of the Medical Director, the Occupational Health Technician carries out activities in the following areas: injury prevention and evaluation, OSHA emergency/first aid treatment, health education and worksite health promotion and marketing activities. This position provides coverage on a per diem basis.
- Responds to emergencies efficiently and promptly
- Administers basic first aid and medical support and assesses the nature and extent of injuries/illnesses
- Performs drug tests, hearing tests, pulmonary function and fit tests as necessary
- Effectively communicates with medical professionals and treatment facilities to obtain instructions regarding further action and following up accordingly.
- Effectively communicates, receives and carries out patient care plans given by the Overseeing Physician, Medical Director, or third-party providers as necessary
- Effectively communicates with client and site personnel regarding any worksite incidents, hazards, etc.
- Demonstrates a strong orientation towards team work and the ability to understand the importance of team coordinated efforts
- Creates an environment of trust and caring, which allows workers to take responsibility to reduce or eliminate actions or behaviors under their control that contribute to injury and illness
- Communicates regularly with safety personnel regarding rehab and injury prevention activities.
- Attends meetings and serve on committees as requested
- Communicate regularly with key client site personnel regarding injury prevention activities
- Attend meetings and serve on committees as requested
Required Education, Skills and Abilities:
- Current Certification State and/or National (Proof of reciprocity required)
- 2+ years minimum experience
- CAOHC certified as an Occupational Hearing Conservationist is a plus
- Breath alcohol technician (DOT) trained is a plus
- Urine Drug Screening (DOT) trained is a plus
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED certification
- Knowledge of Occupational Health, OSHA Recordability and worker’s compensation a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with client and employees
- Proficient with MS Office
Company: Pivot Onsite Innovations - 1099
Community / Marketing Title: Advanced Emergency Medical Technician - Per-Diem
Pivot Health Solutions is a premier provider of health and wellness services that focuses on getting people back to health, preventing injury and staying fit where they work, live and play. Our family of brands include Pivot Physical Therapy, Pivot Onsite Innovations, Pivot Occupational Health, Pivot Sports Medicine and Pivot Performance. We wouldn't be Pivot without our passionate and dedicated team members. If you're looking for a rewarding career in a setting that promotes clinical excellence, professional advancement and teamwork, apply now!
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Pivot Health Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Pivot Health Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Pivot Health Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Pivot Health Solution's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sparks, Nevada US