Medical Assistant - Per-Diem
Location: Atlantic City, New Jersey US
Job Number: 6265
Position Title: 1099 Medical Assistant
The Medical Assistant performs routine administrative and patient care supportive duties in the client Occupational Health clinic to assist the medical staff in the examination and treatment of patients and ensure office runs smoothly. This is a PRN position that will provide coverage on an as needed basis.
Day to Day:
- Answers telephone, greets personnel, schedules appointments, updates charts, handles correspondence, updates and files all patient records, prepares all charts for following day’s clinic appointments
- Logs all incoming accident reports and submits to insurance carrier for claim numbers
- Makes first contact with injured employee and schedules visit with Site Lead
- Communicates all new injuries received to HR Safety Representative
- Schedules outside medical referrals and diagnostic testing as requested by medical provider and assures all outside notes/diagnostic reports are received
- Handles billing referrals for workman’s compensation clients
- Identifies and reschedules employees who miss appointments. Notifies medical staff
- Communicate work status changes to supervisors, HR representative, and insurance carrier
- Assures treatment sheets are completed and signed
- Schedules follow up visits according to medical recommendations
- Schedule appointments
- Assures health questionnaire, consent for physical, Panel list, and if applicable DOT physical form and Hearing Conservation Program paperwork are filled out
- Obtains consent for and completes all urine drug and breath alcohol testing
- Completes chain of custody form and sends urine specimens to lab when non-negative results obtained on instant test
- Documents vital signs and urinalysis
- Performs hearing and vision screens as needed
- Once physical is completed, communicates employment status to HR representative and hiring supervisor according to medical staff recommendations
- Schedules patients appropriately in conjunction with medical staff and HR requests
- Pulls all charts and assures all doctor’s notes, diagnostic reports and dictations are in place prior to visit
- Schedules referrals for outside appointments and diagnostic testing as ordered
- Schedules follow up visits with medical staff as ordered
Miscellaneous clinical duties:
- Triages incoming injuries and provides basic first aid if medical provider not available.
- Contacts medical provider via phone if necessary to discuss case.
- Assists medical staff with bandaging, splinting, wound care and procedures.
- Checks employee blood pressures when requested and maintains log on each person to provide to primary doctor as needed
- Administers over the counter medication, tetanus shots, PPDs
- Performs annual AED checks
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Medical Assistant required
- Medical Assistant certification required
- Current CPR/First Aid certifications required
- CAOHC certified as an Occupational Hearing Conservationist is a plus
- Breath alcohol technician (DOT) trained is a plus
- Urine Drug Screening (DOT) trained is a plus
- Proficient with MS Office
- Knowledge of OSHA Recordability, worker’s compensation is a plus
- Knowledge of HIPAA compliance
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with client and employees
Address1: 2100 Pacific Ave
Company: Pivot Onsite Innovations - 1099
City: Atlantic City
State: New Jersey
Community / Marketing Title: Medical Assistant - Per-Diem
Pivot Health Solutions is a premier provider of health and wellness services that focuses on getting people back to health, preventing injury and staying fit where they work, live and play. Our family of brands include Pivot Physical Therapy, Pivot Onsite Innovations, Pivot Occupational Health, Pivot Sports Medicine and Pivot Performance. We wouldn't be Pivot without our passionate and dedicated team members. If you're looking for a rewarding career in a setting that promotes clinical excellence, professional advancement and teamwork, apply now!
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Pivot Health Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Pivot Health Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Pivot Health Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Pivot Health Solution's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Atlantic City, New Jersey US