Physical Therapist Assistant
Location: Prince Frederick, Maryland US
Job Number: 6541
Position Title: Physical Therapist Assistant
Pivot Physical Therapy is looking for an Outpatient Physical Therapist Assistant to join our clinic in Prince Frederick, MD!
The Physical Therapist Assistant assists the Physical Therapist in providing physical therapy treatments and procedures.
Reports to: Clinic Director
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides patient care in accordance with the laws of the State Board of Physical Therapy and utilizing the Standards of Practice for Physical Therapy and the Guide for Professional Conduct, as developed by the American Physical Therapy Association, APTA.
- Monitors response to therapy as delineated in the Guide to Physical Therapy Practice
- Utilizes robust functional exercises in patient care within the parameters defined by the therapist
- Incorporates progressive exercise programs in patient care that focus on functional transition, progressive loads, progressive volume, and a commitment to high level functioning
- Provides skilled manual therapy with majority of patients when indicated within the parameters defined by the therapist
- Employs skilled modality use in patient care
- Educates patients about physical therapy, their treatment plan, injury prevention, ergonomics, and ways to promote health within the scope of your expertise
- Ensures patient is scheduled with evaluating physical therapist as per regulatory guidelines
- Completes required documentation as per compliance and regulatory guidelines
- Delegates appropriate patient care support activities that adhere to state practice guidelines, to non-licensed clinical staff
- Notifies evaluating physical therapist of any matters pertaining to the care of the patient as needed
- Ensures that the evaluating therapist and physician’s relationship with their patient is not compromised
- Relays relevant information to case managers and insurance carriers to aid in authorizations or care.
- Communicates and demonstrates a professional image and attitude for patients and their family, co-workers, and supervisors
- Serves as a resource for support staff and participate in their training
- Promotes the profession of Physical Therapy, Pivot Physical Therapy Inc. as a company, and yourself as professional through community outreach events, approved social media avenues, and networking
- Actively participates in regional and corporate marketing directives
- Adheres to Code of Conduct as established by Pivot’s Compliance Program
- Follows all safety procedures and complies with all policies and procedures as instructed
- Fills-in at other locations as required
- Performs other duties which may be deemed necessary
Required Education, Certifications and Licenses:
- Graduate of Accredited Physical Therapy Assistant Educational Program
- Valid Physical Therapist Assistant License, in good standing
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of current Physical Therapy treatments
- Skill in written and verbal communication
- Ability to follow direction
- Ability to relate positively with individuals involved in patient’s care, patients, co-workers
- Ability to keep patient information confidential and communicate appropriately
- Success factors include: Strong listening skills, compassionate, ethical, upbeat and friendly, organized / effective time management, multi-tasking
- Experience working in an outpatient physical therapy setting
- Experience working in a customer service related field preferred
Address1: 220 N. Solomons
Company: Pivot Physical Therapy
City: Prince Frederick
Community / Marketing Title: Physical Therapist Assistant
Pivot Health Solutions is a premier provider of health and wellness services that focuses on getting people back to health, preventing injury and staying fit where they work, live and play. Our family of brands include Pivot Physical Therapy, Pivot Onsite Innovations, Pivot Occupational Health, Pivot Sports Medicine and Pivot Performance. We wouldn't be Pivot without our passionate and dedicated team members. If you're looking for a rewarding career in a setting that promotes clinical excellence, professional advancement and teamwork, apply now!
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Pivot Health Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Pivot Health Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Pivot Health Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Pivot Health Solution's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Prince Frederick, Maryland US