Performance Coach - Head
Location: Wyalusing, Pennsylvania US
Job Number: 6646
Position Title: Performance Coach - Head
Pivot Physical Therapy is looking for an experienced Fitness & Performance Coach who can manage fitness operations and effectively grow our Wyalusing coaching clients and membership base!
The Performance Coach promotes all Performance brand features through training, communication, and customer service including safety; intensity; variation; individualized, sport and team specific programming; and assessment-based training programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides strength, speed, agility and conditioning programs to athletes and fitness enthusiasts of all ages and levels. Programs include sports performance, team training; personal, semi-private, and small group functional training.
- Implement new training methods, programs and protocols.
- Develop and execute camps, clinics and off site training.
- Execute Performance assessments and evaluations.
- Assist in the development and presentation of adult fitness and boot camp programs.
- Assist in development of sport and individual specific performance programs.
- Track workouts and client interactions in Mind Body Online program.
- Participate in community events that promote the field of performance training as well as goodwill toward the community.
- Establish working relationship with administration, marketing, physical therapy, and other coaches
- Communicate effectively with clients (to include athletes, coaches, parents, and team officials), ensure timely follow up.
- Inform directors of scheduling needs and commit to professional reliability.
- Create a professional, safe and fun environment.
- Maintain cleanliness and orderliness of facility/equipment.
- Conduct follow up calls to prospects.
Required Education, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science or a related field (Health Promotion, Kinesiology, and Sports Medicine) preferred.
- A NCCA accredited personal training or strength and conditioning certification (noted below) is strongly preferred:
- NSCA- CSCS *strongly preferred
- ACSM – CPT or HFS
- NASM – CPT
- ACE – CPT
- Knowledge of sports performance training, speed development, movement mechanics, assessment, evaluation and injury prevention
- Commitment to continued education and to further experiences and abilities in the sports performance field
- Training philosophy that emphasizes functional, scientific, movement-based training
- Ability to integrate Sports medicine, clinical knowledge, assessment and or clinical recommendations into performance training
- Must be a self motivator with a high sense of integrity, have good business acumen, and ability to interact with coworkers, clients and professionals
- Must be inspiring, creative and a team player
- Ability to integrate and maintain an athletic mentality and environment
- Ability to relate positively with customers and employees to develop positive relationships
- Ability to effectively and concisely communicate thoughts and information verbally and in writing.
- Ability to complete goals and activities with established or tight time frames.
- Demonstrate a fit image that represents a commitment to a physically active and healthy lifestyle.
- Possess background in fitness, strength and conditioning training and/or coaching
- Experience working with athletes and /or fitness clients
- Experience and knowledge of fitness training, group fitness classes, functional training, sports performance, speed development, movement mechanics & assessments, and injury prevention are desired
Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
Ability to reach, bend, stoop and lift up to 50lbs
Ability to grasp and hold up to 50lbs
Ability to hear and understand normal voice level communications in person or through the telephone.
Ability to speak clearly and understandably.
Basic vision corrected
Address1: 42 Complex Drive
Company: Pivot Physical Therapy
Community / Marketing Title: Performance Coach - Head
Pivot Health Solutions is a premier provider of health and wellness services that focuses on getting people back to health, preventing injury and staying fit where they work, live and play. Our family of brands include Pivot Physical Therapy, Pivot Onsite Innovations, Pivot Occupational Health, Pivot Sports Medicine and Pivot Performance. We wouldn't be Pivot without our passionate and dedicated team members. If you're looking for a rewarding career in a setting that promotes clinical excellence, professional advancement and teamwork, apply now!
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Pivot Health Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Pivot Health Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Pivot Health Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Pivot Health Solution's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyalusing, Pennsylvania US