Location: Ishpeming, Michigan US
Job Number: 6699
Position Title: Registered Nurse
Pivot Onsite Innovations, a leading provider of occupational health services, has an immediate opening for an experienced Registered Nurse (RN) at our client's dynamic worksite located in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. This position offers an opportunity to step out of the traditional RN setting, flourish within the quickly growing occ health sector and make an impact on employee health, wellness and safety. You will receive ongoing support from a team of passionate and dedicated occupational health professionals and work a convenient morning and daytime schedule.
The Registered Nurse coordinates health care for employees in the onsite clinic and oversees evaluation and case management of workplace injuries as well as compliance with medical surveillance programs. The RN relays information to employees and client key stakeholders regarding workplace safety and injury prevention as well as assuring compliance with health-related OSHA mandates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Treats acute occupational injuries
- Performs new hire and annual physicals
- Performs drug tests, hearing tests, pulmonary function and fit tests
- Responds to medical emergencies and initiate and facilitates ongoing health and wellness screenings and wellness functions for employees
- Case management of workman's compensation claims in conjunction with the employer representative and insurance carrier
- Facilitates return to work and light duty assignments for employees with work related injuries
- Maintain current case log for workplace injuries outlining treatment plan for weekly case review
- Assure compliance with OSHA and DOT programs such as hearing conservation, blood borne pathogen training, random drug screening and follow up programs
- Maintains health care unit inventory of medications and supplies
- Assists the employer representative with administration of Non-Occupational Disability Program
- Exhibits a positive and proactive attitude towards managing the clinic, the clinical functions and the patient flow
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintains charts and employee records
- Prepares and supervises the clinic/patient interaction of the Overseeing Physician as necessary
- Assure compliance with OSHA and DOT programs such as hearing conservation, blood borne pathogen training, random drug screening and follow up program
Required Education, Skills and Abilities:
- Valid State License
- 3+ years nursing experience
- Certified in CPR/AED/First Aid
- Ability to communicate with all levels across the organization effectively
- Strong administrative and management skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain high level of professionalism, ethics and confidentiality
- Experienced in developing health and wellness programs and performing ergonomic assessment
- Strong knowledge of workers compensation case management and regulations
- Working knowledge of HIPAA, ADA, FMLA and OSHA regulations
- Familiarity with manufacturing and production facility practices.
- Proficient computer skills with MS, Excel, PowerPoint and Word to generate reports, spreadsheets, presentations, and training courses.
- Occupational Health experience a plus
- Certified to perform DOT Urine Drug & Alcohol Screens a plus
- Certified Occupational Hearing Conservationist a plus
Company: Pivot Onsite Innovations
Community / Marketing Title: Registered Nurse
Pivot Health Solutions is a premier provider of health and wellness services that focuses on getting people back to health, preventing injury and staying fit where they work, live and play. Our family of brands include Pivot Physical Therapy, Pivot Onsite Innovations, Pivot Occupational Health, Pivot Sports Medicine and Pivot Performance. We wouldn't be Pivot without our passionate and dedicated team members. If you're looking for a rewarding career in a setting that promotes clinical excellence, professional advancement and teamwork, apply now!
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Pivot Health Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Pivot Health Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Pivot Health Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Pivot Health Solution's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Ishpeming, Michigan US