Emergency Medical Technician - Per-Diem Talent Pool
Location: Boston, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 6967
Position Title: 1099 Occupational Health Tech
Pivot Onsite Innovations is now accepting applications for our construction site EMT per-diem pool. Submissions are reviewed regularly and candidates contacted on an as-needed basis for our client's construction site in Boston, MA!
The Occupational Health Technician will plan, coordinate, and supervise all components of a worksite injury management and health improvement program for employees on a full-time basis. They will work under the direction of the Onsite Innovations Medical Director to carry out activities in the following areas: injury prevention and evaluation, OSHA emergency/first aid treatment, health education and worksite health promotion and marketing activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responding to emergencies efficiently and promptly.
- Administering basic first aid and medical support and assessing the nature and extent of injuries/illnesses.
- Effectively communicating with medical professionals and treatment facilities to obtain instructions regarding further action and following up accordingly.
- Effectively communicating, receiving and following a Medical Control Officer and carrying out patient care plans given by the physician/Medical Director
- Effectively communicating with client and site personnel regarding any worksite incidents, hazards, etc.
- Demonstrating a strong orientation towards team work and the ability to understand the importance of team coordinated efforts.
- Daily site safety walks to review the constantly changing worksite environment and identifying, reporting on and escalating site hazards accordingly.
- Create an environment of trust and caring, which allows workers to take responsibility to reduce or eliminate actions or behaviors under their control that contribute to injury and illness.
- Communicate regularly with safety personnel regarding rehab and injury prevention activities.
- Attend meetings and serve on committees as requested.
Required Education, Skills & Abilities:
- Certification - State and/or National (Proof of reciprocity required)
- 2+ years minimum experience
- OSHA 10 Construction Certification required
- Transport or First Responder experience a plus
- Construction background or previous knowledge is a plus
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED certification
- OSHA10 certification is a plus
- Willing to travel to various client locations
- Knowledge of OSHA Recordability and worker’s compensation a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with client and employees
- Proficient with MS Office
Company: Pivot Onsite Innovations - 1099
Community / Marketing Title: Emergency Medical Technician - Per-Diem Talent Pool
Pivot Health Solutions is a premier provider of health and wellness services that focuses on getting people back to health, preventing injury and staying fit where they work, live and play. Our family of brands include Pivot Physical Therapy, Pivot Onsite Innovations, Pivot Occupational Health, Pivot Sports Medicine and Pivot Performance. We wouldn't be Pivot without our passionate and dedicated team members. If you're looking for a rewarding career in a setting that promotes clinical excellence, professional advancement and teamwork, apply now!
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Pivot Health Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Pivot Health Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Pivot Health Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Pivot Health Solution's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Boston, Massachusetts US