Physical Therapy Aide
Location: Williamsburg, Virginia US
Job Number: 7014
Position Title: Tech
Pivot Physical Therapy has an immediate opening for a Physical Therapy Aide. This is a full-time position. Schedule may include early mornings and evening hours.
Under the general and direct supervision of the Director, Physical Therapist, Physical Therapist Assistant, or Supervisor, the Physical Therapy Aide (Tech) prepares any equipment for treatment; performs the housekeeping duties of the department/facility; assists the Physical Therapist and Physical Therapist Assistant in selected procedures; as related by the law performs other diverse duties as requested or required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Aids in the treatment, care, and safety of patients consistent with the American Physical Therapy Association Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice policy in company manual
- Assist the primary therapist in the treatment of patients of all ages (e.g., infants, children, adolescents, adults, geriatrics, elderly, ages 0—120 years), race, creed, gender, and disability without bias or prejudice
- Respects and understands the patient's right to treatment and practices ethical responsibility based on the cultural, ethnic and religious beliefs of the patients served and applicable law
- Prepares equipment for the patient treatments as requested by the Physical Therapist/Physical Assistant; relieves the Therapist/Assistant to perform his or her professional duties
- Performs housekeeping duties of the department/facility by routine cleaning; maintains order and cleanliness throughout the department/facility
- Assists therapists/assistants in selected procedures, according to their directions, aids in patient care in the department/facility
- Organizes the work area and disinfects/cleans the treatment area
- Performs clerical duties, such as taking inventory, ordering supplies, answering the telephone or taking messages. Assists patients with paperwork when necessary
Required Education, Skills & Abilities:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Superficial knowledge of the reasons for patient care
- Some knowledge of physiology, anatomy, and neurology is helpful, but not required
- Previous experience in a clinical setting (hospital or physical therapy clinic) handling patients and/or equipment, housekeeping m nursing home or rehabilitation agency a plus
- Skilled in the techniques of handling patients and efficiently assisting in the treatment of patients; competency in the operation of department/facility equipment
- Willing to work under direction and take instructions and corrections; ability to reason, to remember names; details of instructions; must be alert, adaptable, and flexible
- Professional manner; thoughtful of others, gentle and courteous
- Ability to organize his or her time in order to assist in the treatment of patients in the allotted working day
Address1: 4125 Ironbound Road
Company: Pivot Physical Therapy
Community / Marketing Title: Physical Therapy Aide
Pivot Health Solutions is a premier provider of health and wellness services that focuses on getting people back to health, preventing injury and staying fit where they work, live and play. Our family of brands include Pivot Physical Therapy, Pivot Onsite Innovations, Pivot Occupational Health, Pivot Sports Medicine and Pivot Performance. We wouldn't be Pivot without our passionate and dedicated team members. If you're looking for a rewarding career in a setting that promotes clinical excellence, professional advancement and teamwork, apply now!
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Pivot Health Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Pivot Health Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Pivot Health Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Pivot Health Solution's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Williamsburg, Virginia US